Program for study preparation and integration of refugees (ProRef) from the European University of Flensburg
The program for study preparation-and integration of refugees (ProRef) supported by the European University of Flensburg (EUF) helps refugees who are interested in taking up university studies. The program aids the linguistic, methodical and cultural preparation for a study as well as at the integration into the German higher education system, the job market and German society.
The ProRef Program consists out of:
- academical oriented German-and English language courses at the levels B2-C1/C1-C2
- approved language exams (German/English)
- methodical and cultural introductory courses
- individual study-,profession-,and social counselling
- support at the search for an accommodation, applying for a study place and applying for the Federal Student´s Assistance Act (BaFög).
- Guest auditor: Using the university infrastructure at no charge and visiting lectures as well as seminars.
- sociocultural activities and CampusFRIENDS
The program has a duration of one year and starts annually in the month of July and is being subsidised by the state of Schleswig-Holstein as well as by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) who is financed by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
Summer school I
The ProRef-program starts in July with Summer School I. It offers the participants to refresh and improve their knowledge of German or English onto the B1 Level. Additionally the introductory course „Academic Culture in Germany“ is taking place.
Intensive language course phase:
The eight months long „intensive language course phase“ starts in September. The German respectively English courses at the levels B2-C1 and C1-C2 enable a qualification for all study programs, no matter if they are held in German, English or are bilingual at the E.U. Flensburg but also for study programs at other universities.
- Background of fleeing
- Higher education entry qualifications (HZB)
- Language skills: German at B1 or B2 level, respectively English at B1 level
- Being interested in higher education/university studies.
Frame work conditions
There is no fee for the participants as far as costs for course material, the course itself or the participation in examination is concerned.
For all participants coming from the county of Schleswig-Flensburg: The use of the Semester Ticket at favourable terms valid from the complete state of Schleswig-Flensburg for the autumn semester 2020/21 and the spring semester of 2021 have been applied for. Also reimbursements by the county are possible.
cost of living/living expenses
Depending on the status of residency, benefits according to AsylbLG or SGBII/XII are possible. More information can be found on the website from the ProRef Program.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Mr. Dr. Thomas Duttle
University of Europe Flensburg Phone: +49 461 805 2662
Building VIL 2 / Room 207 write @mail
Auf dem Campus 1 Visit website
24943 Flensburg Write Message
Show on map Export address